Washing machines have become an essential household appliance, and choosing the best one can be a challenging task. With numerous models, sizes, and features to choose from, it can be overwhelming to make the right decision. But, with some research, you can find the right washing machine that meets your needs and fits within your budget. In this article, we’ll provide you with a complete washing machine buying guide.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Washing Machine
It is important to consider various factors before buying a washing machine. The washing machine comes with many features such as wash programs, child lock, display, temperature, and many more.
- Capacity – You must select the washing machine capacity according to your needs and the number of people in your family.
- Whether you want a dryer in your washing machine or not- A lot of people prefer a washing machine with a dryer. Because of this, they can save their time and much more. The dryer can help to dry your clothes. If you use a regular washing machine, you need to hang your clothes outside the home for drying. The installed dryer will dry the clothes inside the device, which saves time.
- Depending upon the material of the washing machine drum – The drum of the machine comes in various elements such as steel, enamel plastic, and a lot more. Therefore, the buyer needs to look for the correct type of material they want for the drum of the washing machine.
- Depending upon the wash setting of the washing machine- Various people prefer a fully automatic washing machine. They can easily manage their washing preference with fully automated washing.
- Before making a purchase, it’s important to consider the washing machine dimensions to ensure it fits in your desired space.
Type of Washing Machine
- Washer only:
The washer-only kind of washing machine only washes your clothes, but it does not dry your clothes. This kind of washing machine comes in a compact size. Due to its compact size, it is possible to store this type of machine anywhere, maybe on the side of your hall, in the kitchen, or in the bathroom itself.
- Dryer Only:
The dryer-only type of washing machine only lets you dry your clothes. The dryer-only washing machine helps to protect your clothes from fading. This dryer is the only washing machine that is better than even front-load washing machines in terms of drying capacity.
- Washer Dryer:
The washer-dryer type of washing machine washes your clothes and dries them very efficiently. No pollution exposure is present in the washer-dryer washing machine. This kind of washing machine will also protect your clothes from fading. This washer-dryer type washing machine has a great feature that it even smoothes the creases.
- Semi-Automatic Washing Machine:
A semi-automatic washing machine is a great option between hand wash and fully automatic washing. Two types of washing machines have been launched; one is fully automated, and the second one is semi-automatic.
- Fully Automatic Washing Machine:
In the fully automatic washing machine, your clothes are washed and dried up in the device itself. It is designed in such a way that you only have to put on your clothes and detergent and send the machine for work. In other words, it will automatically take care of all your needs. In the case of the semi-automatic washing machine, it will wash your clothes, but you need to hang the clothes outside for drying.
In a fully automatic washing machine, there is no need to do anything once you have set up the program. There are two types of fully automatic washing machines based on the load: the front-load fully automatic washing machine and the top-load fully automatic washing machine.
The front-load washing machine is a type of fully automatic washing machine. Compared to the top load, a fully automatic type washing machine uses much less water and energy.
- High load:
This type of washing machine is available in both a semi-automatic washing machine and a fully automatic washing machine. In this top-load washing machine, you need to put the clothes from the top of the device. Those who do not want to bend and set the gears inside can use the top-load washing machine.
Check Wash Load or Capacity
The washing machine is available in various capacities and or wash loads.
- 6 KG capacity: A washing machine with a 6kg capacity is referred to as a low-capacitor washing machine. It is a washing machine for one person or a family that has a two-person. You can easily wash around 25 t-shirts at one time in this machine.
- 8 KG capacity: A washing machine with an 8 kg capacity is ideal for a family with three to four family members. In an 8-kg capacity washing machine, you can wash around 40 T-shirts at one time.
10 KG capacity: A washing machine with a 10 kg capacity is for a family with more than four members. You can easily wash around 50 T-shirts in this washing machine in one go. This washing machine is called a high-capacity washing machine.
Check Additional Features
- Spin Speed- When we wash our clothes correctly, the spin cycle occurs. In this spin cycle, it removes water from the wet clothes. We know that the drum spins help to remove the water from the clothes in the washing machine. Accordingly, most low-cost washing machines offer a spin speed of around 1100 rpm. If you purchase a good-budget washing machine, you can quickly get about 1200 RPM to 1600 RPM spin speed for cotton clothes.
- Inverter Technology: Inverter technology is a washing machine’s feature that lets you control the speed of the device depending on the load. Inverter Technology is a feature that works by the sensor system.
- Wash Programs: Wash programs are the features of the washing machine that allow users to order some instructions to the device. For instance, if you have a Child lock in the washing machine, it does not open the lid during washing. Also, you can choose your wash program for different washing types.
- In-Built Heater: Now, some of the best washing machines have an inbuilt heater that assists in keeping the water at a specific temperature, depending on the type of wash.
How to Use the Washing Machine?
Here, we’ll look at the steps needed to use the washing machine properly and effectively.
The first step is to distinguish the cloth depending on the color, fabric, stains, and much more.
Then, you must select the wash cycle depending on the cloth. If, for instance, your cloth is filthy, you can choose the fast period in which the spinning and washing will take place very quickly. If you’re cleaning delicate clothes, opt for the delicate cycle, where the spinning and washing are at a low rate. You can also select the medium one.
Selecting the water temperature you would like to use for cleaning the clothes is essential. If you’re cleaning dirty clothes, you can use warm water, but you can use cold water if you are cleaning delicate clothes. If you’re washing kitchen towels or things like that, you should use hot water.
Following this, you should put clothes inside the washing machine. Depending on the number of gears you put inside the drum, you should add the water. After that, you need to turn on the washing machine. If you’re using a semi-automatic washing machine, then you need to transfer the clothes from one container to another, depending on the type of washing machine.